WELCOME TO THE MARKETING ENGINEER
The Marketing Engineer is a boutique marketing consultancy. We focus on delivering marketing strategy, copywriting and training to solicitors, accountants and consultants. We have been helping these sectors to improve their marketing since 2004.
We also support our clients with the implementation of their marketing strategy and plans using their existing contacts, our trusted specialist partners or a combination of the two.
The Marketing Engineer has a reputation for strong delivery in both Birmingham and London. We are also often asked to speak at National and International Conferences.
If you would like a speaker for your event, then please contact us. You can get an idea of what to expect from Richard’s TEDx video below.
Our vision is to become the preferred marketing strategy, copywriting and training partner for UK professional service firms with less than 200 staff.
The Marketing Engineer’s mission is to help solicitors, accountants and consultants to support more individuals and companies.
We do this by providing business owners, partners, fee earners, advisors and managers with the high-quality marketing strategy, copy, content and training they need to attract the clients they want.
We focus on five core values. These are the values that guide our business and our decision making process. We share these core values with our clients.
- Professionalism– this is reflected through a combination of competence, attitude and dedication to delivery. We believe that effectiveness is paramount. We choose our delivery partners based on their professionalism.
- Integrity- this means truthfulness, honesty and sincerity. We will always be open and honest with you and make it clear what we can and cannot achieve for you and your business.
- Passion- we bring drive and energy to all our projects. We enjoy working with our clients and often have fun. In short, we are passionate about what we do whether this is running a workshop, devleoping a killer strategy or writing copy or content.
- Results-focused- we are focused on achieving the highest results obtainable. Our marketing deliverables are engineered to produce the best results for your business. We will also introduce you to our extensive network of solicitors, accountants and consultants, many of whom cross-refer work.
- Trust– is our key foundation stone. A trustworthy company does what it says it will. We go beyond this to be a trustable business in that we do what is best for our clients even when it is against our own best interests. This manifests itself in various ways including going the extra mile to exceed your expectations and hosting introductory lunches for our clients.
MEET RICHARD FALLON- THE ORIGINAL MARKETING ENGINEER
Hi, I’m Richard Fallon, the original Marketing Engineer. I have a somewhat unorthodox background for the owner of a marketing consultancy.
I completed my Ph.D. in Electronic Engineering at Aston University in 1998 before becoming a Business Analyst for British Airways. It was while I was on a weekend away with my friends in Buenos Aires that I received my first marketing lesson from a South American prostitute. You can hear the full story on that in my TEDx video below.
In 2004, I decided that I’d had enough of working for big corporates and decided to take the plunge and set up my own management training company. My company offered the Chartered Management Institute’s Diplomas in Management as well as bespoke training courses. I also developed our own NVQ Level 4 accredited course “Marketing for SMEs”.
However in 2009, companies wanted marketing support as well as training. So I shifted my focus to formulating marketing strategies and crafting copy as well as delivering workshops.
As an engineer by background, I knew there had to be a process I could lead any business through and get the right marketing answer for them. I searched around but could not find one. So starting in 2010, I pioneered my own marketing process.
Since then my proven 12-step process has been helping companies rapidly create trust with their prospective clients. Trust is THE missing ingredient in most failed marketing campaigns. While people in the past implicitly trusted accountants, solicitors, consultants etc. this is no longer the case. Many businesses struggle to hurdle the “trust wall” and I have developed a straightforward way to help you easily jump over it.
I am passionate about helping business owners, partners and MDs in the Birmingham and London areas to grow their company and create wealth and employment opportunities. I help them to achieve their business goals by working with them to develop their marketing strategy, plans and campaigns including developing persuasive copywriting and solid content.
RICHARD’S TEDx TALK
The team was delighted and I felt very honoured when I was asked to give a TEDx talk in January 2018 at Birmingham City University. The theme of the day was transformation. My talk “You Are Not Your Limits” focuses on personal transformation.
In this short video, you will discover:
- How being an engineer helped me with marketing
- Why I developed a 12-step marketing process
- The three factors that limit your life
- Three simple things you can do to overcome these limits and change your life